Chase Freedom why did I apply for this credit card… I was thinking of my shopping trips and how I can get more while shopping.. So here is why I considered getting this credit card.
- EARN A $150 BONUS = 15,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points (when you spent $500 using the credit card on the first 3 months when the account opened)
- EARN A $25 BONUS = 2,500 Chase Ultimate Rewards points (when you add your first authorized user and make your first purchase within this same 3 month period)
- EARN 5X Chase Ultimate Rewards points (on up to $1,500 in spending) in rotating categories each quarter when you activate the bonus. (This quarter bonus is shopping at Grocery & Wholesale Clubs)
- EARN Visa card perks (previously just for having a Visa Credit Card we received FREE movie tickets and special offers) Find out more for Visa Offers discounts and perks.
- TRANSFER points earned on the Chase Freedom to Chase Sapphire Preferred Card
- NO ANNUAL FEE (you can earn bonus & cash back using the Chase Freedom with no annual fee to worry about)
|Q1 (Jan. 1 – March 31)||Gas stations and local commuter transportation (not including parking, tolls or Amtrak)|
|Q2 (April 1 – June 30)||Grocery stores and wholesale clubs|
|Q3 (July 1 – Sept. 30)||Restaurants and more|
|Q4 (Oct. 1 – Dec. 31)||Holiday shopping (specifics to be announced)|
So, why is it important for me to earn some Chase Ultimate Rewards points?
- Why not get points or (rewarded) for making purchases I all ready planning to?? Lets, be honest we save as much as we can with coupons, deals and bogo offers but at the end of each transaction we still have to pay even if is a little bit out of pocket, so why not get rewarded for the amount we are about to pay? That is the advantage of having a bonus credit card comes in. If for every transaction I made following category by quarter which is up to $1500 I will get $75 cash back or 7500 in Rewards Points I can be closer to a future trip.
- $1500 Cash Back @ 5% = $75 or 7500 Chase Ultimate Rewards points
- Bonus $150 or 15000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points
That’s a total of $225 or 22,500 Chase Ultimate Rewards points
- After earning your points you can either redeem them for cash back or with a premier Chase Ultimate Rewards credit card such as (Chase Ink Bold, Chase Ink Plus, Chase Sapphire Preferred) you can transfer the points to that credit card account. If you select to transfer your points to one of the premier credit cards mentioned you can use those points in the Chase travel portal or transfer them to a partner loyalty program.
Is this too complicated??
- At first, it can be a little overwhelming since is a lot of info to take in. But if this is something you would like to consider, then talk it over with your spouse if needed and then decide. The most important thing to keep in mind is not to overspend with the credit card if you have a shopping monthly budget continue what works for your family but instead of paying in cash, pay with this credit card to earn points/cash back as you shop.
- Also, activate your account to make sure you will receive your cash back/points offers per qualify transaction.
What is my ultimate goal when applying for bonus credit cards?
- My ultimate goal is to get points as I shop for Almost FREE future Travel/Vacation trips. Since we are fairly new to the credit cards points system so far we can say we have saved a lot on trips or weekend stays we have done since we started. I know it takes time to earn the points, to understand each credit card program and to plan on what is our next vacation trip.
- Being smart with our money, keeping a budget and paying every credit card in full has helped us raised our credit score by 135 points since the summer of 2015 which is when we started applying for bonus credit cards.
- Another goal is to travel visit new places enjoy some of the perks companies have to offer without paying full price.
- Plan a 20th Anniversary Hawaii Trip
- Plan a Europe Family Trip
- Able to learn how to save on trips so I can help others plan future trips as well
What if I have a similar goal and after I apply for a credit card I don’t get approved?
- Don’t get discouraged because some credit card companies are getting tougher than others. We had that issue when we first started. We received a note as soon as we applied to a credit card that the application needed further review, so what we did was a search for a reconsideration phone number for that particular credit card company I called, they asked for simple questions and right away I was approved.. what a relief ejeje.. But sometimes that may not work depending on the issue or credit card company, in that case, I recommend working on the area in your credit that needs improvement and a few months later apply again (for that specific or a different credit card)
- Before applying to find out what is your goal, why? because each credit card offers different benefits that don’t apply to each country or state. For example, if you wish to travel overseas applying for a Southwest credit card to start off is not going to help you get there but if you want to travel to the locations shown in the map then this could be your credit card.
If I get the Chase Freedom Credit Card and have a Chase Premier credit card where could I transfer my points to?
- You can transfer your points to the following airlines and hotel Chase Ultimate Reward Partners
- If you earn Chase Ultimate Rewards (points) and plan a trip you can search any of the following hotels or airline for deals once you see the points needed you can then transfer those points to your Hotel/Airline account. For example, you want a quick getaway for a weekend night to Orlando, Florida and you searched the Hyatt hotel (I recommend creating an account for most or each partner since you will need an account number when transferring your points)
To book this Hotel in Orlando, Florida for 1 night from July 3rd to July 4th the cost is $140 per night (member discount) just for having an account by Hyatt Hotels.
But if you book this hotel using your points you can get one night for FREE by transferring your Chase Ultimate Reward Points to Hyatt Hotels (since is a Chase Ultimate Reward Partner)
You can use 15,000 for 1 night or use 7500 points per night and pay $100 out of pocket
Chase Ultimate Reward Hotels and Airline Partner. Hotels and Airlines you can transfer your Chase Ultimate Reward Points to
As you can see there are soooo many possibilities just for using a credit card that offer bonus and points on your purchases.. Now you can understand why I am so excited to have this credit card as well. Which means that I am closer on getting on my next vacation trip.
We work hard, we do so much, we search and try to save as much as we can for our family so why not get rewarded while doing what we do every day..
Hope this help you see you can too get closer to some vacation/trip goals..